20g unsalted butter
1 tblsp olive oil
2 eschalots, finely chopped
2 tsp crushed garlic
8 sage leaves, shredded
250g button mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup dried porcini mushrooms
2 eggs, beaten
Grated parmesan and chopped chives, to serve
1. Soak the porcini in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Then drain and chop into 1cm pieces.
2. Melt butter in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add eschalots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add sage, mushrooms and chopped porcini. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
5. Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Drain the pasta, and while it is still hot, mix in the eggs to coat the pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the pasta into bowls, then top with the mushroom mixture.
7. Serve with parmesan and chopped chives
recipe adapted from delicious (April 2012)
Read more: http://ooh-look.blogspot.com/#ixzz1r7kkxwLA
Ingredients, including mushrooms, eschalots and sage. I also added porcini for something extra.
After coating the cooked spaghetti with egg, you could leave out the mushrooms and just sprinkle on some truffle salt - divine!
Finish off the dish with a sprinkle of chives.